Returning Student Registration- Ages 8 years and up
Teacher: Christina Thoen, Bachelor of Education Degree (Certified Teacher), Art Major, Artist & member of the Kyla Art Group, along with a Senior and Junior assistant in each class as needed. There are Substitute instructors as needed.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PHONE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE REGISTERING!!! 306-961-3350 WILL GET YOU TO MY CELL... WE CAN TOTALLY REGISTER YOU OVER THE PHONE... ANYTIME... THANKS!!! :) CHRISTINA
**All post-dated payments are due prior to class start. (credit card or cheques)
- Full discount payment: one payment $598.84 (plus tax) (full payment discount)
- 2 payments of $315.18 (plus tax) - first payment with on-line registration, post-dated cheque or credit card info. due 1st class for Jan. 1st (2nd payment)
- Monthly payments of $84.05 (plus tax) - first payment due with registration, 7 post-dated cheques or credit card info due 1st class - for Oct 1st -April 1st payments.
**Please include Student's name in the "note to seller" at the checkout.
*** ALSO NB please include your address in the "note to seller" so we are able to either drop off or mail your Pre-Registration gift if you are registering before last class!!!! :)
Length & Dates: 28 weeks (starting the week of September 11th with a break through Christmas and then starting the week of February 5th) Otherwise, we follow the school holidays and classes are over around the middle of May.
Course Outline: The students choose their own still-life or a reference picture to work from. They work on their pieces independently while the teacher comes around to go over their artwork on a one-on-one basis. Each lesson consists of individual instruction and a group lesson on techniques and art theories. As students progress over the years, more individual instruction is given as needed.
Instruction will include:
- A working knowledge of the art mediums used, including materials and techniques specific to this medium, and also demonstrations and exercises (part of the basic workshop - taken prior to weekly classes)
- The basic elements of art (color, value, line, shape, texture and space/form)
- The basic principles of art (emphasis, balance, movement, repetition/rhythm, proportion, variety and unity)
- A brief component of art history (cultural) and art criticism (response) in order to be able to describe, analyze, interpret particular artwork based on its style. (realism, expressionism, abstract or other various styles)
- Through this background knowledge, and doing exercises in 3-dimension, beginning with an emphasis on realism, each student will define and develop their own style through creating their own chosen subjects with continued individual instruction and individual critiques.
** A Field Trip is planned at the end of each year and an Art Show for students who wish to display their work.