New Student Registration ! (For Ages 8 yrs and up)
Teacher: Christina Thoen, Bachelor of Education Degree (Certified Teacher), Art Major, Artist & member of the Kyla Art Group, along with a Senior and Junior assistant in each class as needed. There are Sub Instructors as needed.
**See Below for full class outline and additional information!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PHONE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLES!!! 306-764-7200 WILL GET YOU TO MY CELL... WE CAN TOTALLY REGISTER YOU OVER THE PHONE... ANYTIME... THANKS!!! :) Christina
**All new students are required to attend a beginners workshop for a cost of $260 prior to first class (includes all supplies for graphite)
Workshop dates are: September 7th & 8th or September 21st or 22nd from 1 - 6pm each day. (must attend workshop prior to starting class)
Fees:(all fees include beginners workshop above)
**All post-dated payments are due prior to class start. (credit card or cheques)
** All fees are + GST
- Full payment discount: one payment of $847.10 + taxes
- 2 payments - first payment with registration $569 + taxes, post-dated cheque or credit card info due 1st day of workshop for January 1st payment of $324.45 (includes tax)
- Monthly payments- first payment due with registration $342.40 (+tax), seven monthly post-dated cheques or credit card info due 1st day of workshop for payments of $86.52 (includes tax) each for Oct 1st-April 1st.
**Please include Student's full name, birth date (including year) and phone numbers in the "note to seller" at the checkout.
Medium: All students generally start off in the graphite (pencil) medium. Students may register for Weekend Workshops which are held throughout the year with continuous studio courses and as they are interested and ready for soft pastel, acrylics, watercolors, etc.
**Older students may start in a different medium if they have had a lot of drawing experience and some previous experience in other mediums (please enter reason and supply request in the "note to seller" at checkout and see New Adult Registration to see price increase amount for supplies which will be due the first day of the workshop).
Course Outline: No previous experience is necessary, however a weekend workshop in the chosen medium is a prerequisite. The students choose their own still-life or a reference picture to work from. They work on their pieces independently while the teacher comes around to go over their artwork on a one-on-one basis. Each lesson consists of individual instruction and a group lesson on techniques and art theories.
Instruction will include:
- A working knowledge of the art mediums used, including materials and techniques specific to this medium, and also demonstrations and exercises (part of the basic workshop - taken prior to weekly classes)
- The basic elements of art (color, value, line, shape, texture and space/form)
- The basic principles of art (emphasis, balance, movement, repetition/rhythm, proportion, variety and unity)
- A brief component of art history (cultural) and art criticism (response) in order to be able to describe, analyze, interpret particular artwork based on its style. (realism, expressionism, abstract or other various styles)
- Through this background knowledge, and doing exercises in 3-dimension, beginning with an emphasis on realism, each student will define and develop their own style through creating their own chosen subjects with continued individual instruction and individual critiques.
** Each year we have:
Year End Field Trip (chartered bus to the cities Saskatoon,Regina, or MooseJaw interspersed with an in-town field trip every other year)
Year End Art Show at the Grace Campbell Gallery in the public Library for the month of June for students who wish to display their work.
**Receipts for the income tax children's art tax credit are written in December for the previous income tax year's art classes.