Weekend Art Workshop registration
Teacher: Christina Thoen, Bachelor of Education Degree (Certified Teacher), Art Major, Artist & member of the Kyla Art Group, along with assistants as needed. There will be Sub Instructors as needed.
Age range: 8 year old and up & Adult art students together
*for brand new students - no prior experience necessary
*also for registered students who are wishing to learn a new medium to bring into weekly classes
**Art workshops are a prerequisite for brand new students before taking weekly classes (its first come first serve for any weekly spots that come open so students who register first for the workshop get first priority - and you will be contacted ASAP for any weekly openings)... Art workshops also are a prerequisite for taking a new medium into weekly classes. Learning a new medium requires a lot of time spent learning about the techniques, knowledge and use of materials, proper care and handling and gaining an understanding of extending the qualities and characteristics specific to each medium. The workshop allows year-long registered students to master the knowledge base unique to their medium and take it confidently into weekly classes without interruption or taking time away from other students during class.
**See Below for class outline and additional important information!
***Brand New Students who register in a workshop get a $40 credit towards their first months frees for weekly classes!
***YEARLONG art students get discounts on workshops so please request your discount code from me during one of your weekly classes!!!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PHONE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLES REGISTERING ONLINE!!! 306-961-3350 -- WE CAN TOTALLY REGISTER YOU BY PHONE... :) Christina
** All prices are + Taxes
Please include students name, date of birth (or note "adult"), and phone number in the "note to seller" at the checkout.
ALL SUPPLIES ARE INCLUDED in the workshop and are professional - we at Christina's Art School don't believe in "student grade" as learning is already difficult enough without an added frustration of supplies that are inferior (colours not mixing properly, brushes that don't cover, canvas that flakes the paint off, etc.)
- Graphite- (pencil) - basic first medium - drawing and working towards a finished piece of graphite artwork
- Charcoal- a good transition to explore blending capabilities without color
- Wax Pastel- excellent first color mediums - can also include use of pastel pencil for fine details - versatile and accommodates a variety of artistic styles
- Oil Pastel- another transition to color, however, more difficult to erase and get fine details- need control
- Colored Pencil- another transition, requires a very controlled style - good for details, fairly slow medium
- India Ink/Watercolor - great transition to colour and painting - no matter how the paint is applied, the Ink pulls it all together - there's no such thing as a mistake with this medium
- Acrylic- the suggested first wet color painting medium - any mistakes can easily be rectified
- Watercolor- the most advanced wet colored medium - some experience in other mediums is recommended
**Registered students are asked to bring their graphite supplies... New students will be charged $20 first day of class for sketchbook, HB pencil and an eraser if choose a medium other than graphite.
- No previous experience necessary. Each lesson will consist of group instruction as well as individual instruction.
- Instruction includes a working knowledge of the medium, including materials and techniques specific to each medium and also demonstrates and exercises.
- Learning the basic elements of art (line, shape, value, colour, texture, and space) with their chosen subject.
- Subject will be a choice of either a set-up still-life or a self chosen reference image.
- Students will leave this workshop with all of the basics, including all steps from beginning to end that are involved in creating their masterpiece!